How to do a Juice Cleanse
How to do a juice cleanse? — it’s a question we get all the time. From the power couple next door who swear by their new nutrition plan, to your on-the-go grandma, it seems everyone is wondering “is a juice cleanse for me?” .
Sit back and relax – we’ve got the answers. Our expert guide walks you through how to do a juice cleanse, our top tips, and how EXALT does it different (in a really good way)
What you'll learn:
- What is a Juice Cleanse?
- How Do Juice Cleanses Work?
- How to Do Juice Cleanses with EXALT
- 5 Benefits of an EXALT Juice Cleanse
- Pro Tips for Cleanses
What is a Juice Cleanse?
Juice cleanses involve a break in our typical diet — where we might replace the spaghetti bolognese and fry up breakfasts with juices — typically made from from fruits, and — if you’re lucky —vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are, of course, high in nutrients and are essential as part of an everyday, balanced diet.
Many juice cleanse companies claim their product detoxifies the body, though there is little scientific evidence that this is the case. But what a juice diet really might contribute to is sustainable weight loss and assisting with achieving personal body goals.
How Do Juice Cleanses Work?
Juice cleanses work by breaking your usual routines, and presenting your body with an opportunity to reset your diet and lifestyle. They usually consist of a liquid juice diet, which is consumed throughout the day in place of your usual breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You usually start off by choosing the length of your cleanse. Whether you choose a single day of meal replacement with juices, or a two week cleanse, it’s up to you. As long as you are staying in check with your body, and maintaining an adequate and healthy volume of calories. We always advise that you seek medical consultation if you have any concerns over your physical or mental wellbeing that could result from such a sudden diet change.
How to Juice Cleanse with EXALT
At EXALT, we don’t believe in fad or yo-yo diets. Our juice cleanses are designed to help you reset your schedule, whilst caring for your health, and even hitting the gym, thanks to our high protein cleanses. Combining fresh, cold-pressed juices and high protein smoothies, our juice cleanses do more than just taste good. You can assess your current eating habits, and take a day, or two weeks, to reintroduce nutritional patterns into your diet and everyday lifestyle.
- Choose which juice cleanse you wish to complete - with 1, 3, 5, 7, or 14 day options available.
1 day juice cleanse - The shortest of our cleanses, to provide a break in your routine and kickstart new habits.
3 day juice cleanse - Spend a few days replacing your meals with juices and protein smoothies to assess your current eating habits.
5 day juice cleanse - Do your cleanse over the weekdays, or extend from the weekend, to restart your habits and prioritise nutrition.
7 day juice cleanse - Spend a week aligning your goals with your current eating habits and see how a week of cold-pressed juices can help you feel more motivated to focus on your health.
14 day juice cleanse - For longer goals like weight loss and body confidence, a two-week cleanse is the one for you.
- Select your dietary requirements - whey protein, vegan, as well as caffeine-free.
- Receive your handbook via email after your purchase, as well as access to ongoing support.
- Receive your order - the drinks stay fresh in your fridge for up to 14 days. Just remember to shake ‘em up before drinking for the best taste and texture.
- Follow the handbook and/or meal plan and enjoy your drinks. You have the freedom to drink the juices in any order you like — we don’t want to control your every visit to the fridge!
- If you selected a 2 week plan, you’ll receive your second week of drinks in a seperate delivery for maximum freshness.
5 Benefits of an EXALT Juice Cleanse
When you do a juice cleanse, it’s important to choose the right one. Whether you’re a seasoned pro at juicing, or you’re just starting out - you need to pick the ingredients and flavours that work for you. Here are some of the benefits of juice cleanses when you choose EXALT:
- You can still exercise - Due to the protein powder we make and include in our protein shakes for our juice cleanses, you will receive a macro-complete meal.
This means you’ll be served a good balance of protein, fats and carbohydrates. That way, you can still complete your regular workout without the risk of muscle wastage. Our 330ml bottles contain a minimum of 20g whey protein powder or vegan protein powder, so you can continue to go to the gym or for that jog as you usually would (or should!)
- You can drink the drinks in any order - It doesn’t matter which drink you drink first, so you can select your favourite to start your day with a high protein breakfast, or a delicious juice to wake up with a refreshing sip. When you do a juice cleanse with EXALT, you’re in charge!
- Vegan friendly - If you’re following a plant-based diet, you can still make the most of our delicious protein juices. Select the plant-based option when you order your juice cleanse, and receive your vegan smoothies and juices. That way, no one has to miss out on their essential macros, even while doing a juice cleanse.
- You’ll receive ongoing support - Once your order is complete, you’ll receive a handbook via email which includes all of the information you need about doing a juice cleanse. That way, you’ll have something to refer to and keep you on track of your cleanse.
- Drinks last up to 14 days in the fridge - We make our drinks to order, and once they’re with you, you can take your time enjoying them. If you have to delay your cleanse, it’s okay! If you select the two week juice cleanse option, you’ll receive your drinks in two parts - week one and week two. That way, you’ll hopefully have more room in the fridge, and your drinks will remain fresh and delicious.
You could even experiment (like us!) with adding different complementary flavours to your drinks. For a protein-fuelled addition, try adding peanut butter or almond butter. They’ll provide a nutty sweetness and give a natural protein boost. You could use bananas as a base for your smoothie, to provide a potassium boost as well as adding their delicious flavour. Adding oats is a great way to mix in some texture. Pro tip: add them before blending to thicken up the mixture with an extra protein & fibre boost.
Top Tips for Cleanses
Doing a juice cleanse is not always for the fainthearted - you’ll need to be disciplined and make a conscious effort to switch up your regular routine. We’ve put together our top tips for doing juice cleanses, to help you navigate your way through the common obstacles in the way of a successful cleanse.
- Prioritise nutrition - Whether you’ve made your own juices or have bought pre-made juices for your cleanse, make sure you consider nutrition above everything else. It’s not just about drinking a juice, they need to have the vital macros, vitamins and minerals to support your body and its needs. EXALT juices are packed with fresh ingredients and our meal replacement shakes are macro-complete, to ensure you’re receiving your required nutrients on your cleanse.
- Stay in check with your body - You may be asking 'are juice cleanses healthy?’ and this is key to ensuring they are as good for you as they can be. Listening to your body and its needs are very important when considering how to do a juice cleanse. If your body is telling you it needs food - listen. Try a healthy snack or a small meal that you know you’ll enjoy, while considering your nutrition too. It isn’t all about losing weight, it needs to be healthy for you, and sustainable once you have completed your juice cleanse.
- Try it with a friend - A great way to stay on track when doing a juice cleanse is to do it with a buddy. That way, you can keep each other in check, motivate each other to keep going, and have someone to share the experience with. You can discuss your favourite flavours and share your own top tips for doing a juice cleanse.
- Consider your goals - Before you start, you should address why you are doing a juice cleanse. If it’s simply about the way you look, this could lead to unhealthy habits. Juice cleanse are not all nutritionally sound, so you could be missing out on important nutrients which your body needs. It won’t happen overnight - making changes to your health and wellbeing takes time, and you need to be considerate to ensure any weight loss is sustainable. Doing a juice cleanse could offer a chance for you to take stock of your current eating and drinking habits, and put you back in touch with your body.
- Be wary of exercise - Unless you are doing a juice cleanse from EXALT, your juice diet may not be able to support you through rigorous exercise. Your usual workout may have to be put on hold, to avoid muscle wastage, with some cleanses. Unless you are receiving the right amount of protein, and other important vitamins and minerals, you could risk your body’s health.
Now you know how to do a juice cleanse, you can go ahead with your plans to reassess your routine in as healthy a way as possible. Make the most of the time to listen to your body, and care for your diet, while keeping in mind our top tips from our juice cleanse guide. Go reach your goals!
Delicious Nutrition from EXALT
We provide the solution to delicious, healthy nutrition with sustainability in mind. We use recycled packaging and a zero emissions delivery service in London. From breakfast smoothies to post-workout recovery, help fuel your performance with EXALT.